Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mosquito Be Gone!

Living in the tropics, I am always battling mosquitoes. Sometimes when I have visitors over I offer to sell them some by the dozen. But seriously, when it comes to the rainy season these guys multiply to millions, I’m sure, and they can spread diseases like malaria, dengue fever, not to mention the itching and allergic reactions.

The aloe gel quickly takes care of the adverse reactions but how do we get rid of them? Or even get them back down to a manageable quantity?

Some of us use bug sprays, burn mosquito coils that can harm us as well as the mosquitoes, or we light “no mosquito” candles, some of us even burn “bush”, and lately others have been using mosquito zappers that resemble a tennis racquet with a button for basically shocking them.

Well I’ve received a great tip from a friend that truly works: Listerine!!! Yes, it works. Put some in a spray bottle and spray around the area you occupy like your floors, lawn, around your door and window jambs, etc. Don’t spray it directly on your furniture or appliances they may be damaged. Spray it in the air and like magic these little vampires disappear.

Now that I’ve discovered this new trick I can avoid the bug spray on my skin. Try this. It even last longer than the bug spray – I hear about 2 days. Let me know how long it last for you.

NB. Wanted to add a pic but something isn't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment