Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aloe for Constipation

Old people in Jamaica will tell you that these days we have too many different drugs messing up our bodies so they like their (old-time remedies) traditional herbal medicine. When it comes to constipation, what do you think the remedy is? Yes, aloe vera. Or as known by some of us “synkle bible” or “single bible”.

Aloin is in the yellow sap of the plant, somewhere between the green leaf and the gel. It is like a laxative, purgative medicine that causes the bowels to empty themselves. Each time you cut a leaf to prepare your juice or gel, a little of the sap drains into your preparation and for that reason persons should be cautious and start with small portions of the juice to determine what is right for them. Too much aloe containing the yellow sap will cause diarrhea.

One or two tablespoons several times a day seem to do the trick for some, while for others a glass twice for the day is sufficient to regulate their bowels. Also I see where a whole leaf is cut up and eaten to solve the problem. I have also seen many now put the cut leaf or the cut peels into a bottle or jar of water in the refrigerator to soak. They then drink it in moderation - a 1/2 glass two times for the week and each time they have a drink they replenish the water in the container.

Personally, I just like to have one or two tablespoons in my juice every other day like a tonic. I believe that because I make it a regular part of my diet I have never had any constipation problems.

Here’s to aloe keeping my digestive organs in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment